Monday, May 17, 2010

My little man's new trick!

So I woke up this morning thinking i was gonna be really productive. Yep, I sure was...My Little B decided to learn a new trick. HOW TO GET OUT OF YOUR CARSEAT!!!! Im driving and I happen look in my rearview mirror because he starts screaming and much to my surprise he has managed to get out of his 5 point harness and try to climb out. While looking in my mirror and trying to find a place to pull over im yelling at him to sit still. Then in front of me i see a cop flagging me down. (yes im trying to leave the navy base). Thoughts in my head are I love my son sooooo much. I guess while i was watching him in my mirror and panicking while trying to get him to sit i wasnt paying attention to where the speed limit goes from 20 to 10 to 5. i was going 17!!!! I told the cop my story and admitted I wasnt paying attention. The nice part is the cop who approached me was not the same cop who flagged me down. The cop who approached me heard my story and he said i should not have to worry under the circumstances. Well while hes talking to the cop who flagged me down (whom also did not seem like he cared why i was speeding) another cop approached my window. This cop is from Washington. Yep same place as me. He was there for 20 years and just got here a few days ago. Just my luck, a guy from washington. we got to talking about washington and all that crazy stuff. He says i will be right back. So we are sitting here in a hot car for a good 15 minutes or so. He comes back and smiles at me and guess what.... I got off with a 12 point strike. I can get 12 points in one year and then cant drive on base. No fee (lucky for me)! He said make sure you dont speed especially if women are out here. I guess the women cops have no sympathy for people speeding with kids in the car.

So the moral of this story is...find a carseat that your 15 month old kid cant get out of!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment